Polyakova Elena Pavlovna, Postgraduate student, Bashkir State Pedagogical University named after M. Akmulla (3a Oktyabrskoy revolutsii street, Ufa, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. This article is devoted to the establishment and development of pharmacy in Ufa province in the late XIX – early XX centuries. This topic found little coverage in historical studies on the history of the province’s medicine, due to the scarcity and fragmentation of information contained in historical sources. The author tried to analyze the development of the pharmacy service in the Ufa province on the basis of archival materials, medical journals, reviews, commemorative books, to reveal its features and problems.
Materials and methods. Documents and materials from the collections of the National Archives of the Republic of Bashkortostan, the archives of the city of Zlatoust, the XIII volume (Medical Regulations) of the Code of Laws of the Russian Empire from 1857, memorable books, reviews and reports of the Ufa province of the XIX–XX centuries were studied on this topic. The methodological basis of the work is a systematic historical method that allows us to consider the process of the formation and development of pharmacy business in accordance with the time step; the statistical method makes it possible to clearly visualize the dynamics of the development of state, zemstvo and private pharmacies.
Results. The article examines the legal status of pharmacies establishment, creating a pharmacy service, the rights and duties of pharmacists. The work also analyzes the activity of state, zemstvo and private pharmacies in the development of the pharmacy service of Ufa province of the XIX–XX centuries.
Conclusions. The formed system of establishment and development of pharmacies in Ufa province in the late XIX – early XX centuries, despite all legal restrictions, features, developed progressively in accordance with the requirement of time.
apothecary statute, district pharmacy, private pharmacy, state pharmacy, apothecary fee, medicines, pharmacist
1. Koroteeva N. N. Voprosy istorii [Historical issues]. 2008, no. 2, pp. 125–129.
2. Svod Zakonov Rossiyskoy Imperii: v 15 t. [Collected laws of the Russian Empire: in 15 volumes]. Saint-Petersburg, 1857, vol. XIII, pp. 46, 47.
3. Koroteeva N. N. Izvestiya Yugo-Zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Istoriya i pravo [Proceedings of South-Western State University. Series: History and law]. 2014, no. 3, pp. 111–119.
4. Natsional'nyy arkhiv Respubliki Bashkortostan (NA RB) [National Archive of the Republic of Bashkortostan (NA RB)]. F. I-9. Op. 1. D. 520.
5. Obzor Ufimskoy gubernii za 1886 god [Ufa province review in 1886]. Ufa: Tipografiya Gubernskogo Pravleniya, 1887, 31 p.
6. Otchet Ufimskogo popechitel'nogo o bednykh komiteta za 1914 god [A report of Ufa poor-law board in 1914]. Ufa: N. K. Blokhin i Ko, 1915, 79 p.
7. Obzor Ufimskoy gubernii za 1898 god [Ufa province review in 1898]. Ufa: Tipografiya Gubernskogo Pravleniya, 1899, 101 p.
8. Otchet po Ufimskoy gubernskoy zemskoy bol'nitse, apteke, bogadel'ne i patronazhu dlya podkinutykh detey za 1912 god [A report on Ufa provincial hospital, pharmacy, almshouse and abandoned children patronage in 1912]. Ufa: Tipografiya Tovarishchestva «Pechat'», 1913, 118 p.
9. Koroteeva N. N. Uchenye zapiski Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo sotsial'nogo universiteta [Proceedings of Russian State Social University]. 2011, no. 2, pp. 70–74.
10. Arkhiv Zlatoustovskogo gorodskogo okruga (Arkhiv ZGO) [Archive of Zlatoust city district (Archive ZGO)]. F. I-11. Op. 1. D. 471.
11. Kratkiy ocherk razvitiya zemskoy meditsiny v Ufimskom uezde za 1875–1916 gg. [Brief essay on zemstvo medicine development in Ufa district in 1875–1916]. Ufa: Tovarishchestvo knizhnogo i gazetnogo izd-va, 1917, 30 p.
12. NA RB. F. 4348. Op. 1. D. 7.
13. Obzor Ufimskoy Gubernii za 1879 god [Ufa province review in 1879]. Ufa: Tipografiya Gubernskogo Pravleniya, 1880, 67 p.
14. Adres-kalendar' Ufimskoy gubernii za 1917 god [Address-calendar of Ufa province in 1917]. Ufa: Tipografiya Gubernskogo Pravleniya, 1917, 275 p.
15. Obzor sostoyaniya zemsko-meditsinskogo dela po Ufimskomu uezdu za 1912 god [A review of zemstvo medical affairs in Ufa district in 1912]. Ufa: Elektricheskaya tipolitografiya tovarishchestva «F. G. Solov'ev i K°», 1913, 316 p.
16. Otdel narodnoy meditsiny po Zlatoustovskomu uezdu 1909 god [The department of public medicine in Zlatoust district in 1909]. Zlatoust: Tipografiya Tovarishchestva Lebedeva i Belyakova, 1910, 201 p.